Metro in Pune-advantage Hinjawadi!
Those long, frustrating hours in the endless traffic, hyper honkers, signal breakdowns. …the traffic snarls seem like a perpetual and inevitable reality for Puneites. The causes behind the dismal traffic situation could be many. Rapid industrialization and urbanization, the resultant rise in the population, narrow roads that are not conducive to mixed traffic conditions, so on and so forth. Transport system by roads and flyovers are insufficient to help the precarious traffic condition. On the other hand, there is no control over the ever-growing traffic. Consequently, pollution and road accidents are on the rise, adding to the anxieties of the city dwellers and administration.
Welcome news for Hinjawadi
The metro would serve as the lifeline for the people of Hinjawadi- residents and ITians alike, taking the colossal burden of commuting through the mundane traffic snarls off their chest. Needless to say that it would intensify Hinjawadi’s appeal as one of the most desirable residential domains in the city of Pune.
The ‘must knows’ about Metro
Pune Metro rail project will be implemented by MAHA METRO
- The project will be implemented by the Maharashtra Metro Rail Corporation Limited (MAHA-metro), which will be a 50:50 jointly owned company of the Central and Maharashtra governments.
- Pune Metro project will cover a distance of 31.254 kilo meters
- The rail will be divided in two corridors
- The first corridor by Pimpri Chinchwad Municipal Corporation will run from Pimpri-Chinchwad to Swargate covering 16.6 km and Vanaz to Ramwadi covering 14.7 km.
- The first corridor will be a mix of underground and elevated sections whereas the second corridor will be completely elevated.
- The estimated cost of Pune Metro rail project will be Rs 11,420 crore.
- 50 lakh people in the Pune metropolitan area would be benefitted by the project.
- Pune Metro rail project will be completed by 2021.