Savour the local delights of Talegaon City
Talegaon City, located at a feasible distance from Pune and Mumbai boasts of splendid natural surroundings and pleasant climate round the year. It is an upcoming satellite city near Pune and attracting many companies to set up their grounds here. Developers are investing big money there and providing world-class infrastructure for a wide variety of residential and commercial projects.
Some of the tourist spots in Talegaon are:
- Lakes:Talegaon city is home to many lakes and that’s the reason it’s called Talegaon(city of lakes). Situated on a high altitude, Talegaon has wonderful climatic conditions round the year. It is a rejuvenating place for nature lovers and loners to have some quiet time with themselves.
- Induri Fort : Induri fort is an old fort that is situated on the banks of Indrayani river. It is a good place to visit in the evening. A quiet walk down the ruins of the fort along the lakeside will certainly be a close walk to nature. Though it is in a withered state, the scenic beauty from the fort appears picturesque. There is a temple of Godess Katjai inside the fort.
- Katjai Temple: The fort also has a temple of Godess Katjai. The temple is in a good condition and visited by locals on a daily basis.
- Pandava Temple: There is a unique temple that is dedicated to Pandavas (5 brothers) and Draupadi. Located in Talegaon City, this temple is small but has certain history attached to it. The temple is well maintained by the locals there.
- Naska Talao: It is a water tank that is situated near the Mahadeva Temple in Talegaon City.
- Sardar Khanderao Samadhi: The samadhi sthal of Sardar Khanderao Dabhade features intricate design and ornate carving on the walls. It is a well maintained building with neat and clean premises.
These are some of the places that one can visit while in Talegaon City. In close proximity to Kamshet, there are so many other places to explore. So next time you head to Talegaon City or nearby area, make sure to drop a visit to these places that also hold rich historical background.